"As for Maidenhead, the conga (which was amusing) aside, quite a strange bunch really – some the oddest chants I've ever heard at a football match" ~ localboy86, Amber Planet forum, 26th April 2015

Sunday 16 October 2011

Stiff Little Fingers

Although I was only two-years-old or so, when they broke up for the first time in 1983, I love Stiff Little Fingers. Hanx is one of my favourite albums.

I saw them live for the first time, last Wednesday night, at Sub 89 in Reading (supported by On Trial UK – fronted by AFC Wimbledon fan Jonny Wah Wah – and a rather weird Ten Pole Tudor).

Pretty good ... although Steve H- lookalike Jake Burns' jowly appearance, slicked back hair - and the fact that he was wearing an XXXL SLF-branded black shirt - made him look too much like a darts player for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment